The application to House of Pearls is to provide a better understanding between House of Pearls and yourself, to better assist you. House of Pearls is a Christian healing and heart restoration ministry home designed to help those who want to make changes in their lives. We teach that there is victory over darkness through His agape (perfect) love and the truths of the Bible. This is done through mentoring, Bible studies, counseling, homework, worship services, and work projects.
To enter House of Pearls, you must meet all of these requirements before submitting an application:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be motivated to make major life changes and willing to following directions
- Have an original valid photo identification AND social security card
- Have no legal or other outside issues, including family, that will create a disruption to the program
- Submit to a full drug screen
- Be physically, medically, and psychiatrically stable
- Be able to sit for an two hours at a time
- Be able to climb stairs
- Not be on any medications that contain benzodiazepines, barbiturates, alcohol, narcotics, or anti-psychotic medications
- Be able to read on a seventh-grade level
- Speak, hear, read, and write English
- Have at least a 30-day supply of medications
In addition to the requirements above, please note that we are not hospital-based. We cannot admit women who have eating disorders, chronic medical conditions requiring frequent medical appointments, and certain types of personality and psychiatric disorders.
Please complete the entire online application.
If you have questions or problems with the application, call 704-324-0028 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an idea of what is expected of a resident of House of Pearls, please take a look at the resident handbook: